CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

LASIK

On Friday I went to get a free Lasik consultation. The two weeks prior to that consultation I was restricted to glasses. That was the longest two weeks of my life! In all actuality I think that the doctors want you to really appreciate the fact that you can see without something attached to your face, so that is why they make you wear them right before the consultations and the procedure. They say it is so your cornea is its true shape, but I don't believe them. Any of you that have ever worn glasses will understand what I am saying. They other night I fell asleep with my glasses on while watching a movie. When I woke up there was a huge indent on my nose where the glasses sat. It hurt so bad for about twenty minutes after I woke up.
So hopefully by the summer I will be glasses and contacts free and will still be able to see when I am done with the procedure. I am a little bit nervous about getting it done. I've come to the conclusion that if something goes wrong with the procedure I should be able to at least see out of one eye, since they only do one eye at a time.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you to get this! And in case something does happen, I don't think you really need both eyes. One would do the job just fine.

Scott said...

I want to get LASIK. Let me know how it is. I think it would be cool to just suddenly not need glasses or contacts anymore.