CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Proposal


Ski Lift ride up

I have had a few people ask how Ryan asked me to marry him. I have been meaning to get around to posting this for quite some time. We went up to Park City for the day because my dad was doing a bike race up there. (That was the excuse). Ryan said that while we were up there we should go up the ski lift ride. We did that for my 18th birthday and we both really liked it. On the way up we were just goofing around and taking pictures. Then we got off at the top. We would have walked around more, but we did not really have walking shoes on and the wind was blowing quite bad. So we got back on and started heading back down.
On the way down we were talking about Park City and just random things. Then Ryan started looking at all the accessories I had on. He has spoiled me throughout the years and bought me a lot of jewelry. So we were talking about that and then he said, "well how would you like to add this to the jewelry that I have given you." He showed me the ring and I squealed. I did not even let him ask me before I squealed. I guess I just anticipated the question. Then he asked me if I would marry him.
Of course I said yes. The whole rest of the ride down I just wanted to get off and run around and scream. The ring has sentimental value to it, which I love. The middle diamond was his grandma's. Then when we were talking about marriage before he went with his mom to pick out a seating to put the diamond in. So I have his grandma's diamond and a memory that Ryan had with his mom shortly before she pasted away. It is very special to me. Thank you Ryan for being so good to me.
Hanging out in Park City after he asked me
Ryan pretending to be sad because he is losing his "freedom", when in all actuality he has waited to do this for a long time!

9 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah i'm so excited for you two!! i love your ring. and so much better with the sentimental value behind it. that's so sweet

Marie Rose said...

Hey Shambray...Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you two worked out in the end! Best of luck.

p.s. this is Marie Hutchison

The Wilson Family said...

That is so sweet!! You found your prince!!

Ryan and Heidi said...

Cute story! I'm so excited for you both! And the ring is beautiful!

Ashley said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys. I am so happy I can come to your reception!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Yeah, that is so cute. I love ths story about the ring!

Candace said...

Hooray!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Sierra said...

Congrats Shambray! I'm really excited for you... marriage is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hope life is going great for you....keep in touch with us!! Keep us know.... :)