CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Engaged!

Some of you know the wonderful news, but a lot of you do not! I am engaged! Ryan asked me to marry him on the 2nd of August. I know that was awhile ago, but I have been so busy with work and everything else that I have not had time to post a blog. I know I am bad!

Here is a little history about Ryan and me:

I first met Ryan when I was 13 years old. I was camping up at Bear Lake for a scuba diving trip that my dad wanted to go to. I was heading out of the camper when I saw these two boys and of course I wanted to look good for them so I ran back in to the camper and actually got ready. I know I am a nerd. One of the guys happened to be Ryan, at the ripe old age of 15. I thought he was really cute and had a crush on him for about 2 and half years before and really talked to him. Before that it was just a hi here and there.

When I was 15 I started working at his parent's dive shop and that is when I really got to know him. I still had a HUGE crush on him and tried to get him to pay attention to me. He did a good job at making me feel good, even though I was probably really annoying. We became really good friends and would hang out almost every weekend.

When I turned 16 he asked me on my first date! I am extremely excited! We went on a dinner cruise on the Great Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun and I had a really good time, because we were such great friends. That is when our relationship first started.
Our first date

We kept hanging out and then I asked him to the Harvest dance my junior year and that is when we had our first kiss; after that we were together a lot.
Harvest Dance junior year

We dated all of the rest of my junior year and senior year. When I moved up to Utah State things got a little rough for us, because I was young and wanted to date a lot of people. We ended up breaking up after dating 2 and a half years. Even though it was my idea it was really hard because we were such great friends and he was a part of my life for so long.

We dated off and on for about 2 more years. Then I really broke his heart in April of 2005. That is when I really called it off. It was right after his mother passed away and he was going through a really hard time in his life. We did not see each other for about 2 years after that.

However, we somehow found our way back to each other again. He took me on a date up to Snow Basin Lodge and after that it was history.

Before going up to Snowbasin Lodge

He is such an awesome guy and treats me like a queen. We are great friends and we know each other really well. It has been a long and hard road for us, but we have pulled through it. I am so glad that Ryan took me back after all the heart breaks I caused him! He is very patient with me and puts up with my "dramatic" moments. He knows how to love me well and I couldn't ask for better!

I love you Ryan!

9 comments:

Ryan and Heidi said...

OH MY HECK! I had no idea! CONGRATS! I'm so excited that you are so happy Shambray! You deserve it girl! Keep us posted! Do you know when the big day is? I'm really so happy for you!

amy g said...

cograts sham! You guys look great together! We wish you the best!

Chelsie said...

congrats!!! i'm so excited for you guys! i didn't know the history of you two...i don't think i put two and two together that it was the same guy from hs! when is the big day?! you two are so cute! you'll have to post how he did it too!

sara and wade said...

YAY!!! congrats sham!! i'm super excited for you! you'll LOVE being married. it just gets better and better! you deserve every minute of lovin!! :) keep us posted on all the details!

The Wilson Family said...

How sweet are you?? And I hear you are getting married on the beach!! Man that will be so pretty. I am so happy for you guys, you both deserve it!

Kat said...

Congrats Sham! I'm so excited for you two! I'm so glad you've found someone that will take care of you and make you so so happy! Congrats!

Marcus and Rachelle said...

Congrats! I so happy for you! I remember that first time you met him. I remember you coming home from your trip telling me how cute he was! And now you are getting married! Such a cute story!

Jackie Greenwood said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know I already told you, but CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are perfect together. Love ya Sham!

Grace ~and~Shane said...

What a sweet ending to a love story!! We are planning on coming to reception.